MOLP 4 Opens on 1st October 2017
[ujicountdown id=”MOLP” expire=”2017/10/01 00:00″ hide=”true” url=”” subscr=”MOLP4″ recurring=”” rectype=”second” repeats=””]
Now in its fourth year, #MOLP4 has an incredible prize fund of £3,000, which will be awarded in each category as follows:
- First Prize – £1,000
- Second Prize – £300
- Third Prize – £100
- Two Highly Commended – £50
We also plant a tree for every single entry we receive in Boré, Kenya and we’ll email you the GPS coordinates of it once the contest has closed and we’ve received confirmation of them from The Word Forest Organisation.
Additionally, your entry will also help fund the construction of another much needed new classroom in one of the schools in the same community – click here to see the one our previous contests built.
Key Dates for Your Diary
- Open for entries 1st October 2017, through to midnight on 31st December 2017
- Closing date midnight 31st December 2017
- Longlist announced 1st February 2018
- Shortlist announced 14th February 2018
- Magic Oxygen Literary Prize Awards Evening 17th March 2018 – the Saturday preceding International Day Of Forests
The Rules in Brief
- Short Stories up to 4,000 words, excluding title
- Poetry up to 50 lines, excluding title and lines between stanzas
- The theme for short stories and poetry is open
- Online entries preferred but written entries are also accepted
- Open to writers all over the world
- Entrants must be 16 or over at the time of submission
- Entries must be written in English and must be your own previously unpublished work
- Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title
- You may submit as many entries as you wish
The Magic Oxygen Literary Prize is the only writing contest where everyone wins, as we plant a tree for every single entry in our Word Forest and build classrooms in impoverished communities in Coast Province, Kenya too.
The positive impact that previous MOLPs have had, led to us starting The Word Forest Organisation, an NGO specifically founded to replicate the incredible reforestation and classroom building work we’ve done, throughout the Coast Province of Kenya.
If you’d like to support the project why not consider buying a few trees in our Word Forest, becoming a member, getting involved as a corporate partner, or simply spreading the word about it on your social media.